Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

How HSBC rewards customer loyalty

I have been banking with HSBC and its predecessor Midland Bank for 35 years, which is all my adult life. It's deeply shocking to realise that my loyalty counts for nothing.

Most services we use - car insurance, phone companies - never earn this kind of loyalty. We switch easily from one to another when we find a better package. But a bank account is different: we're all heavily reliant on our relationships with our banks. They have a pervasive influence on every aspect of our lives.

Ever since I was 18, HSBC has been there for me, helping me get on with my life, helping me to do the things I need to do, helping me shove my money around so that it's where it needs to be. It gets on with its work so that I can get on with mine.

Over the years, I've come to expect excellent service from HSBC. And I expected that service to be lifelong. I expected HSBC to walk the length of the road with me.

And suddenly I'm faced with a closed door and no explanation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment