Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Still in shock about HSBC's decision to close my account

I am bewildered and angry. On 21 November, I received a shocking letter from HSBC, my bank. The letter states that they intend to close all of the accounts I hold with them. They give not the slightest explanation for why they consider this action to be necessary. Neither do they give me the option of keeping the accounts open, or even politely inviting me to appeal the decision. Yet my accounts are in a healthy state.

The staff at my local branch, who appear to be well trained in every other respect, are unable to give me any explanations. They invited me to phone the HSBC head office, but neither the staff member I spoke to nor her supervisor was able to give me satisfaction. The only advice I received was to write to the complaints section, but with the ominous warning that "they may take up to a month to reply, and my not be willing to tell you the reason either".

No comments:

Post a Comment