Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

What has happened to me at HSBC could happen to you

On 20 December, I have a meeting with Sarah Newton MP, to discuss HSBC's unilateral decision to close my account. Full report to follow.

Thanks Margie, for contacting your MP about this too.

Why not follow Margie's lead? If you think it is unjust for banks to close customer accounts without giving a reason, please write to your MP, modeling your letter on the following text:

"A friend has just received a letter from his bank staying that they intend to close all his accounts. They give no explanation for why they consider this action to be necessary. Neither do they offer the option of keeping the accounts open, or appealing the decision. I am writing to protest against the injustice of this policy which is widespread practice in all the major banks."

Remember, what has happened to me could happen to you any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment