Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

OK, I don't do a typical job, granted

I work in the charity sector as a development worker in a small village in Africa. I spend my life shuttling back and forth between the UK and Africa. HSBC has been helping me do that for the last twenty years.

I was due to return to Africa in January. I was on the brink of getting my vaccinations up to date and booking flight tickets.

But my departure is on hold now, because of HSBC's decision to close my account. I can't return to Africa without keeping a UK bank account open to channel my funds.

I thought HSBC might recognise the importance of overseas development.
I thought HSBC might value my extensive professional experience in the charity sector.
I thought HSBC might be concerned with corporate social responsibility.

Evidently not. My account is going to close on 20 January 2014. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment